Welcome to Holman United Methodist Church
Thursday, May 23, 2013
Congregational Care Ministries
Brief Description of Ministry / Committee / Board:
The Congregational Care Unit Ministry meets at the Church on the 2nd Sunday of every month at 1:30 P.M. in Room 202. The purpose of the meeting is to prepare the mailing of Greeting Cards and/or letters to our sick and shut-in members.
2012 Accomplishments (Activities, etc.):
We have a team of devoted church members who stay after the 11:00 A.M. Church Services on the 2nd Sunday of each month and complete the following tasks:
1. Rev. Williams and Minister Cunningham compile the list of names for us prior to Sunday Morning. Mrs. Cunningham, also, supplies us with Greeting Cards.
2. Mr. Jules Green prepares the computer mailing, such as lists and labels prior to Sunday Morning
3. Congregational Care members complete the other preparations for mailing
4. These members spend a few hours making sure the list is correct and ready for mailing.
5. We pray many times as we work.
The Congregational Care Unit Ministry was started by Rev. Lesa Smith in 2003. We are celebrating 10 years of continual service to our Church and community.
The Congregational Care Unit Ministry is here to serve the sick and shut-in members of Holman United Methodist Church. We send each person on our list a card every month, and in 2012 that averaged about 70 each month.
2013 Goals / Plans:
The Congregational Care Ministry Team appreciates the opportunity to serve in this capacity at our church.