Advent Task Force
Brief Description of Ministry / Committee / Board:
Purpose / Mission / Responsibilities
The word “Advent” comes from a Latin word “adventus,” which means “coming.” Advent is a season of waiting, expecting, and hoping.
The Advent Taskforce coordinates activities in collaboration with Music Department, Nurture, Sunday School, Worship Committee, and other Holman Ministries to help members, families, and friends prepare for the coming of the Christ Child.
2012 Accomplishments (Activities, etc.):
♦ Extended an invitation through the Sunday bulletin and Bellringer to members to join the taskforce.
♦ Gained two new taskforce members.
♦ Publicized the Advent/Christmas schedule.
- Publicized the Advent/Christmas schedule.
- Planned the Advent Potluck and overview of Advent study.
- Planned the Advent Bazaar.
- Publicized the Bazaar and requested the congregation to donate items.
- Donated and collected items for the Bazaar.
- Set up for the Bazaar in the L.L. White Fellowship Hall.
- Sold items on December 1 and December 2.
- Picked up greenery for decorating the Sanctuary and other campus sites.
- Provided a decoration workshop in preparation for the hanging of the greens.
- Provided a form for members to order poinsettias in memory or in honor of loved ones.
- Decorated the Sanctuary and other campus sites.
- Collected gifts on Gift Sunday and distributed them to Kedren and other children centers.
- Donated the Advent Bazaar proceeds of $1800.00 to the Storehouse Ministry.
2013 Goals / Plans:
- Evaluate the 2012 Advent activities.
- Expand the committee.
- Begin researching study material earlier.
- Request youth and young adult ministries to participate on the taskforce.