Ways you can contribute to the Holman Permanent Endowment Fund

From everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required – Luke 12:48 NKJV

A lasting legacy can take shape in many ways and the ripple effects of  endowments and sizable contributions to the church are felt for generations to come.   Unrestricted gifts can continue to support the continued growth of the church though activities and programs, providing educational scholarships for college and spiritual growth, facility upgrades and opportunities for job training.

There are several ways to contribute to the Holman Permanent Endowment Fund.  The following are a few of the ways to leave a legacy that will have enduring benefits.  The PEC can help you determine what is most appropriate for your wishes:

  • Cash Gifts –  the simplest method of giving is to write a check payable to the Endowment Fund.  Contributions can also be made by credit card.
  • Memorial Gifts –  Provide for a specific program or project  in memory of a loved one such as a Named Scholarship fund in the name of the deceased.
  • Appreciated Securities – A gift of appreciated stock and other securities  can be made by sending the certificate and stock power of attorney to the Permanent    Endowment Fund.
  • Real and Personal Property –   Real estate and marketable items of personal property with established values can be given to the Permanent Endowment  Fund.   The contributor may be able to deduct the property’s fair market value for tax purposes.
  • Bequests –  Remembering the Endowment Fund in a will or Trust.  This can be a  designated   gift to the Church or a percentage of the remainder estate after other designations have been made.
  • Life Insurance –  Naming the Holman United Methodist Church Endowment Fund as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy.  If the Endowment Fund is the named owner of the policy, a charitable deduction is possible.
  • Charitable Remainder Trusts  –  The donor shall receive a charitable contribution deduction and avoids capital gains taxation while still receiving income from the endowment.

For more information on the Holman Permanent Endowment Fund, the Holman PEC Committee and  how you can contribute to the endowment fund, please contact Committee President Wayne Moore at 323-459-5095 or any member of the PEC  members.